Manager, Learning and Education
Manager, Learning and Education
Training and Education
St. Louis, MO
Part-time, 15-20 hours a week (with possibility of being full-time in the future)
$11-$15 an hour
President and CEO
The Manager, Learning and Education will manage the training and educational programs of Creative Reaction Lab and our Equity-Centered Community Design framework. Current programming includes Leaders for Community Action and Equity, Dialogue and Action, and Community Design Apprenticeship Programming. The Manager, Learning and Education will also manage sales and customer engagement, facilitate training and educational programming, and supervise training and education consultants.
Training and Education Facilitation and Logistics
Co-design and facilitate community and client trainings, workshops, events, outreach efforts, and milestones.
Manage learning and education program logistics, such as securing venues and speakers, food, attendance tracking, media capture, and A/V needs.
Develop, launch, and coordinate Equity-Centered Community Design train-the-trainer programming.
Ensure the effective administration and operation of learning and education programming, including MOU agreements, media releases, research data agreements and collection, expense reporting, consultant guidance, budget, and program management.
Assist with curriculum and tool development and expansion of Design to Better [Our Community] and the Equity-Centered Community Design process.
Keep Creative Reaction Lab’s executive team up-to-date on training and education progress.
Ensure learning and education program alignment with existing community priorities, existing reports, and measurements.
Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems before, during, and after learning and education programs and services.
Sales and Communications
Manage sales and lead development for clientele.
Create content promoting and showcasing Equity-Centered Community Design process.
Assist with communication and management of community and corporate partnerships.
Assist with recruitment of community and corporate partners.
Development of Equity-Centered Community Design and Training and Education program evaluations.
Complete data entry of all training and education evaluations.
Evaluation and development of training and education consultants.
Manage continuous improvement of education and training services and quality.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and/or at least five years of related experience/training in training and education development.
- Two years of supervisory experience, preferred (non-traditional settings acceptable).
- Experience facilitating workshops or trainings.
- Experience in curriculum/training development and sales, preferred.
- Strong oral, written, public speaking, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, planning skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, learning and education team, and general public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and within a team.
Preferred Personal Qualities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong adaptability to changing directions.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a part of a group.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Commitment to promoting racial equity.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong enjoyment of fast-paced and continuously evolving environment.
- Willingness to support other team members to achieve organizational goals.
Must have flexible and reliable transportation.
Must be able to move program materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter answering the question “Why does equity matter to me?”, and 2-3 professional references to Antionette Carroll, President and CEO, at email@example.com. Include Manager, Learning and Education in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed immediately with the final deadline of November 17, 2017 if position not filled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Creative Reaction Lab is committed to a policy of Equal Employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, physical or mental handicap or disability, medical condition, pregnancy, familial status, caregiver status, veteran’s status.